Making your own candles can be so expensive, so here’s my tutorial on how to make candles in 3 easy steps. Hopefully you’ll have some of these ingredients lying around in the house. If you really want to go all out, you can buy wax and start the candle from scratch but I must warn you that it is quite expensive here in Ireland. Hope you enjoy!
- Leftover Candle Wax (Any type)
- A skewer
- A Jar
- Candle wick / twine / rope
- An essential oil (optional: most candles have enough scent to last even until the last drop but add some if you like)
- Add candles to a saucepan
- Pour in water to cover bottoms of candles
- Allow to melt on a low heat (20 mins or so)
- While the candle wax is melting, tie the wick around the base of the skewer as shown below in the pictures, sit skewer on top of the jar
- When the wax has become liquid, carefully pour it into the jar
- Have fun with it, add different coloured waxes separately to make a cool design 😀
- Light your candle and relax!