I found this recipe in Fiann O’ Nuallain‘s book ‘The Holistic Gardener: Beauty Treatments from the Garden’ on page 110 and fell in love. This book.. is.. amazing. I got it as a present from my cousin and have been consulting it for every beauty issue I have, and I really recommend it for any newbies to DIY beauty or people who just do it for fun, like me.
Anyway, so this recipe is a toning face mask which uses panthenoic acid, cucurbitacin, cucumerin which hydrate skin, yoghurt which balances the skin’s natural pH and rose petals to cleanse, soothe and stimulate your skin cells. Good for those with normal, combination, sensitive, dry and oily skin.. an all-round winner in my books!
- Rose petals of 1 flower (about a cup)
- 80g cucumber (Roughly 10 slices)
- 80g natural yoghurt
- Some of your preferred flour to thicken (optional)
- Blend the petals, cucumber and yoghurt into a pulp
- Add flour to thicken if you like (I used some white rice flour to make a paste)
- Apply to face and leave on for 15 minutes, or until dry
- Rinse off with warm water and feel how smooth and baby-soft your skin now is 😀